Thursday, January 7, 2010

Break Maker recipes - What's your best recipe, I am looking for some good ideas?

Not a single soul has READ the question properly yet - WHAT, for instance, is a BREAK MAKER.......and what do you intend to do with it.....


Sorry, but try buying a ready-mix to start with - they come in white, brown and seeded so you can try them all quite cheaply.Break Maker recipes - What's your best recipe, I am looking for some good ideas?
Like ';me me'; I, too use my bread machine to make and give the first rise to my bread dough only. I then remove it from the machine, shape it, let it rise for the second time, then bake it.





Here is my best white bread recipe:


Put in machine in this order:


1/2 cup lukewarm water


1/2 cup lukewarm milk


1 tablespoon sugar


1 teaspoon salt


2 tablespoons melted butter


3 1/2 cups all purpose white flour


1 package Hodgkins Mills yeast (the best in my opinion)


Turn machine to ';dough'; setting. When done, remove the dough and place in a greased loaf pan and cover. Allow to rise until double in bulk (about an hour), then place in a preheated 390F oven for 23 - 25 minutes or until deeply golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with a tablespoon of butter. Let cool 10 minutes, remove from pan.





Now, here is a great whole-wheat variation that my kids and grandkids (and even my 81 year old father) just love:





Same as above, but substitute 1/2 of the white flour with whole wheat flour. Substitute the melted butter with bacon grease (I know that sounds weird, but trust me on this one). And substitute the sugar with molasses. Finish and bake as with the white bread recipe.





You can add nuts, dried fruits, onions, herbs, olives, even cheese to your bread recipes. I do it all the time. You can get a good basic recipe that works for you (hopefully it's the one I gave you!) and then vary it with your own additions. My family likes the olive bread. I add in chopped calamata and black and green olives into the mix at the beginning along with some fresh rosemary.





Another variation is to add chopped dried cranberries, chopped dried apricots, chopped dried cherries and chopped pecans. It is so pretty and special.





Also, you do not have to bake your bread in a loaf pan. Make tight, round loaves and bake on a greased cookie sheet for a ';rustic'; bread. That's especially effective with the herb or cheese breads.





And dinner rolls are easy, too. Just take the dough out of the machine and cut into 8 equal pieces and place in a greased 9 inch cake pan, let rise and bake.....and don't forget to brush them with butter after they're out of the oven.





There is really little else that gives a baker the satisfaction of baking and serving homemade bread. The smell alone will lift your spirits and make your family come running. I get more kisses and hugs from my kids and grandkids (and hubby, too) for homemade bread than for most anything else I give them.





Good luck and happy baking!Break Maker recipes - What's your best recipe, I am looking for some good ideas?
This is a wow factor of 10. You just do the dough in the bread maker, then shape it and bake it. It's very simple, and delicious. You can serve it plain, hot from the oven, or cut it into chunks for cheese fondue or cut it into chunks and serve with tasty dipping oils.





http://www.ehow.com/how_2159328_asiago-c鈥?/a>
I just use my bread maker on the DOUGH only setting and cook in a normal oven. I hate the 'hole' in the bottom of a bread maker loaf also the bread smells much nicer baked in an oven
go to www.allrecipes.com and type in bread Machine recipes they have some goods one

No comments:

Post a Comment